The seventeenth edition of the 2022 Ascensus Race for the Card standings arrived following the conclusion of the inaugural Wildhorse Ladies Golf Classic hosted by Wildhorse Golf Course in Pendleton, Oregon.
After last week’s tournament, there was some movement near the top of the list. 17-year-old, Xiaowen Yin replaced Lucy Li at No. 1 after finishing T3 in Pendleton, Oregon. Li had been No. 1 for nine weeks, since her win at the Carolina Golf Classic presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in June.
Yin has secured two back-to-back victories in the past two months and two additional top-10 finishes. The rookie has two wins, and five additional top-10 finishes on the season.
Ascensus strives to help their clients get to wherever they want to be, and Yin has gotten to every milestone she set as a goal for herself – win, get her name in the top-10 and become No. 1. She credits her support system, especially mom and dad, for helping her get to this point.
“I don’t know how to describe this,” said Yin with a big smile. “I’m so happy that I can be No. 1. It’s my pleasure, and I just want to keep it up for the rest of the season.”
Grace Kim was the only other player to move up in the rankings. The Australian jumped from No. 5 to No. 4.
Every year, the top 10 in the Ascensus Race for the Card earn LPGA Tour membership for the following season. From 1999-2002, the official qualifying tour of the LPGA handed out three cards. Then from 2003-2007, the number increased to five before 10 were distributed starting in 2008. Since the inaugural year, 172 players have graduated to the big stage
Below is a look at the top 10 following the seventeenth event of the 2022 Epson Tour season.
- Xiaowen Yin; Tianjin, China | Weekly Change: Up 1 spot | 2022 Season Earnings: $117,443
- Lucy Li; Redwood Shores, California | Weekly Change: Down 1 spot |2022 Season Earnings: $110,111
- Linnea Strom; Hovas, Sweden | Weekly Change: N/A | 2022 Season Earnings: $88,361
- Grace Kim; Sydney, Australia | Weekly Change: Up 1 spot | 2022 Season Earnings: $82,521
- Gabriella Then; Rancho Cucamonga, California | Weekly Change: Down 1 spot | 2022 Season Earnings: $78,212
- Gina Kim; Durham, North Carolina | Weekly Change: N/A | 2022 Season Earnings: $74,442
- Alexa Pano; Lake Worth, Florida | Weekly Change: N/A | 2022 Season Earnings: $70,860
- Jillian Hollis; Rocky River, Ohio | Weekly Change: N/A | 2022 Season Earnings: $65,802
- Yan Liu; Fujian, China | Weekly Change: N/A | 2022 Season Earnings: $63,324
- Kiira Riihijarvi; Oulu, Finland | Weekly Change: N/A | 2022 Season Earnings: $62,239