The nineteenth edition of the 2022 Ascensus Race for the Card standings arrived following the conclusion of the Murphy USA El Dorado Shootout hosted by Mystic Creek Golf Club in El Dorado, Arkansas.
The end of the season is quickly approaching, which means go-time for those in the top 10 and just outside of it. The two remaining events bring pressure to finish the season strong and be one of the 10 ladies to lock down a 2023 LPGA Tour card. The Murphy USA El Dorado Shootout brought little change to the standings but more than the week prior. The top 6 players remained firm in their positions, with movement happening from No. 7 through No. 10.
Kiira Riihijarvi, who has spent most of the season ranked highly, made her way back into the top 10 after a T5 finish at the Murphy USA El Dorado Shootout. The Finn was ranked among the top players after her win at Ann Arbor’s Road to the LPGA in June and has been on the cusp of the top 10 for the past few weeks.
For the second week in a row, Yan Liu was the only other player to move up in the standings. Liu now sits at No. 7, two spots ahead of her No. 9 position two weeks ago.
Every year, the top 10 in the Ascensus Race for the Card earn LPGA Tour membership for the following season. From 1999-2002, the official qualifying tour of the LPGA handed out three cards. Then from 2003-2007, the number increased to five before 10 were distributed starting in 2008. Since the inaugural year, 172 players have graduated to the big stage.
Below is a look at the top 10 following the nineteenth event of the 2022 Epson Tour season.
- Xiaowen Yin; Tianjin, China | Weekly Change: No change |2022 Season Earnings: $117,443
- Lucy Li; Redwood Shores, California |Weekly Change: No change |2022 Season Earnings: $110,111
- Linnea Strom; Hovas, Sweden | Weekly Change: No change |2022 Season Earnings: $94,954
- Grace Kim; Sydney, Australia |Weekly Change: No change | 2022 Season Earnings: $88,643
- Gabriella Then; Rancho Cucamonga, California | Weekly Change: No change | 2022 Season Earnings: $79,560
- Gina Kim; Durham, North Carolina | Weekly Change: No change |2022 Season Earnings: $76,883
- Yan Liu; Fujian, China | Weekly Change: Up 1 spot | 2022 Season Earnings: $74,028
- Alexa Pano; Lake Worth, Florida | Weekly Change: Down 1 spot | 2022 Season Earnings: $73,576
- Kiira Riihijarvi; Oulu, Finland | Weekly Change: Up 2 spots | 2022 Season Earnings: $71,442
- Jillian Hollis; Rocky River, Ohio | Weekly Change: Down 1 spot | 2022 Season Earnings: $70,003