March 20, 2022
Birthdate: October 23, 1995; currently 26 years, 4 months and 25 days
Hometown/Resides: Santiago de Compostela, Spain/Birmingham, Alabama
Qualified for the LPGA Tour: Finished at No. 2 on the 2020 Race for the Card money list
Qualified for the Epson Tour: Finished T101 at Stage II of the 2017 LPGA Qualifying Tournament
Turned Professional/Rookie Year: 2018
Caddie: James Longman
Epson Tour: Second career victory
LPGA Tour: N/A
Previous Wins: 2020 IOA Championship presented by Morongo Casino Resort & Spa
RACE FOR THE CARD
With the win, Fernandez Cano earns $37,500. As an LPGA Tour member and non-member of the Epson Tour, she is not eligible to qualify for the 2022 Race for the Card.
With the win, Fernandez Cano earns $37,500; she has earned $246,945 for her Epson Tour career and is No. 8 on the Epson Tour career-earnings list.
PREVIOUS LPGA TOUR AND EPSON TOUR FINISHES
LPGA Tour: T32 at the 2021 Volunteers of America Classic
Epson Tour: 1st in the 2020 IOA Championship presented by Morongo Casino Resort & Spa
2022 IN A NUTSHELL ON THE LPGA TOUR
Made one cut in two starts with a season-best finish of T66 at the LPGA Drive On Championship.
2022 IN A NUTSHELL ON THE EPSON TOUR
Made one cut in one start with one victory.
- Epson Tour Ambassador
- Two-time Epson Tour graduate in 2020 and 2021
- Four-time All-Sun Belt First Team selection for Troy University
- Eight-time medalist including 2014 Sun Belt Conference Championship
- Named the 2014 Sun Belt Conference Freshman of the Year for the Trojans
- Sun Belt Conference Women’s Golfer of the Year and set Troy single-season scoring average record (72.79) in 2016
- Finished T101 at Stage II of the 2017 LPGA Qualifying Tournament to first earn Epson Tour membership as a 2018 rookie
- Qualified for the 2019 U.S. Women’s Open Championship at the Country Club of Charleston
- Made 19 cuts across 20 starts on the Epson Tour in 2021 with a season-best finish of outright second place at the Symetra Classic and the Carolina Golf Classic